The Design & Content Conference is continually working to make the event more diverse and inclusive. New for 2018, the DCC Fund, supported by Shopify, is designed to eliminate barriers for underrepresented groups to attend the conference.
The fund will cover costs associated with accomodation, travel, workshop and conference fees for the selected applicants to attend Design & Content Conference, held in Vancouver, BC, on July 25-27, 2018.
Applications for the DCC Fund are due by May 4, 2018, at 9 p.m. PST.
DCC Fund Eligibility Criteria
Applications are welcomed from individuals who:
- Are a member of the following underrepresented groups: Indigenous peoples, racialized groups, people with disabilities, women, and LGBTQ+
- Agree to the DCC Code of Conduct
- Would be unable to attend due to a financial barrier
What the DCC Fund Can Provide
An applicant can apply for any or all of the following:
- Full registration to the 2018 DCC, with a workshop of choice
- Up to three nights at the official DCC Hotel, The Metropolitan Vancouver
- Travel expenses (up to CAN$1,000)
How to Apply
To apply, please send an email to email@example.com with the subject heading DCC Fund Application containing the following:
A letter of interest, which:
- Describes your eligibility and need for the funding
- Describe how the conference will help with your professional/career goals and other interests
- Describes your interest in the conference and what you hope to get out of this experience
- Outlines if you have ever attended a designer and/or content focused conference
- If you are employed, does your employer have a professional development budget? If yes, how much of the event costs would it cover?
- A resume, CV, or LinkedIn profile
The Design & Content Conference teams up with industry leaders to learn how we craft experiences and tell stories that shape the future of the web. A day of workshops, two days of talks, and some seriously amazing extras. You can save 10% with discount code uxbooth.